This week I have selected a few of my favourite monster-themed books and songs and have attached a few photos of some suggested craft activities.
- Go Away, Big Green Monster! – Ed Emberley (Also see Feltboard below)
- Where the wild things are – Maurice Sendak
- The day the Gogglynipper escaped – James McKnight
- Love Monster – Rachel Bright
- The baby that roared – Simon Puttock
- Jeremy draws a monster – Peter McCarty
- Leonardo, the terrible monster – Mo Willems
- Tickle monster – Josie Bissett
- Monsters don’t eat broccoli – Barbara Jean Hicks
- Five little monsters jumping on the bed (Five little monkeys jumping on the bed)
- Ten little monsters (Ten little Indians)
- If you’re a monster and you know it (If you’re happy and you know it)
- Horns, fangs, knees and claws (Heads, shoulders, knees and toes)
This is the link to my Pinterest Monster Storytime Board – just some of the different monster themed craft ideas I found online.